Saturday 24 November 2012

Task 3a

When I read the task about networks the first thought that popped into my head was internet (facebook,twitter etc); but after our 3rd meeting about Professional Networks with Rosemary McGuinness, I realised that networks could also be our family, friends, people we are close to. This made me notice that there are a lot more extraordinary things that surround our everyday life, which will help us succeed in our Professional Practice.

So let me introduce my current networks:

1. FAMILY

My family is a big part of me, even though I live in England and they live in Cyprus their opinion and advice always counts. There always supportive and protective and I would never make a 'big move' without taking in consideration how they feel about it.

2. FRIENDS ( in England)

Making friends in a different country wasn't as easy as I thought. You are in a different environment out of your comfort zone and you want to be accepted. After graduating I kept in touch with a few people from my college and since I moved to London I made some new friends. I don't often have the time to go out but It should become part of my life, as is really crusial for the bond of our relationship and how this will affect my professional practice.

3. FRIENDS ( in Cyprus)

I keep in touch with my friends through facebook and through Skype. I'm lucky to be able to visit my family and friends every Christmas, Easter and Summer!

4. FACEBOOK PAGE

This is my Professional Page on Facebook and is completely separate from my personal Page. I use this page to give some information about who I am and what I do professionally. This way if a photographer for example is interested in booking me for a shoot, he can visit my page and see my modeling work. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Anastasia-Hadjigeorgiou/167316046740564

5. STAR NOW

Joining Star Now opened a lot of doors in my career. Star Now is a page that gives you the opportunity to apply for castings in Acting, Singing, Dancing, Modeling and many other genres in the Performing Arts industry. You have your own page where professional information about you is being displayed, including your experience, agency, measurements, pictures etc. You can join for just £12 per month. http://www.starnow.co.uk/anastasiaadjigeorgiou

6. COMMERCIAL AGENCY (modeling,acting,singing,dancing)

I keep in touch with my Agency through emails and through the phone. I contact them often because my agent is the one that will put me down for castings, and if she has to deal with hundreds of applications per day the only way to remember ME is through frequent contact.
http://ukmmagency.com/profile/anastasia-h/

7. ACTORS TEMPLE

I go to Actors Temple (Warren street) several times per week. There, I do classes based on the Meisner Technique which help me develop and 'grow' as an actress and as a person.

8. V FEMME

This is the name of my singing group; V stands for five and FEMME for women. I was selected through an audition earlier in October and we'll be auditioning for Britain's Got Talent in December! I have high hopes for our group as we are different and unique.

These are some of my current networks and they're all useful in my professional practice. I also want to mention that our blogs are a great network too, because by reading other people's blogs and by sharing ideas you discover and apply new strategies in your professional practice.

Something that I'm willing to do in the future is to built up my own professional website. I believe that this will be the best place to display my skills, showreel and my experience; It will be a very benefitial tool as directors, producers etc will see that I am independent and professional in my own field.

 Finally, I personally need to focus on my connections, as they are the ones that will keep me up to date about any upcoming auditions, and give me some tips of how to go through that 'next round' that will finally give me the job!

Because is more about, WHAT THEY KNOW INSTEAD OF WHO THEY ARE ;)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment