Friday 2 November 2012

Task 2a Reflective Journal

''Writing is a means of puzzling through what is happening in our work and our personal lives'' D. Boud (2001).

Writing and expressing yourself is one of the most liberating things. Is like being in a boat in the middle of the ocean and all you know is that you need to survive. You might not know your destination but whilst you are fighting to stay alive; you know that you have grown and developed as a person and that you've become wise enough to discover where is the shore...

Before I started exploring my feelings and thoughts, I had to figure out and expirement on different ways of writing, in order to find the way that inspired me the most. I realised that the most suitable way of writing for me, is a combination of Description, Initial Reflexion and Evaluation.
Describing, Reflecting and Evaluating through my day helped me connect with myself and understand what I should improve or avoid next time. I don't depend on these methods only though... If I see something that really inspires me I'll take a picture of it and reflect on it later on. I also love cooking so I put lots of imagination and thought behind my ingredients. Depending on my mood I decide what I want to cook everyday; for examble a spicy meal is always on the list when I feel happy and adventurus! Dancing is another way of expressing myself; I love improvising in front of the mirror and tell a story through a variety of moves...

Throughout this adventure of writing a journal, I discovered that my emotions change easily from time to time; so I always make sure to lock in my head what made me become sad after being happy or happy after being angry etc.

And Remember:

Reflection is a tool that helps you to see where things are missing and enables you to find them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment