Thursday 4 October 2012

Me Myself and I

 I come from Cyprus (Agia Napa?? Yes! that's right!) where I begun my training as a dancer at the age of 3. I started taking ballet, tap, modern, flamenco and latin dance classes and it wasn't long before I realised that I wanted my hobby to become my proffesion. I'm really lucky to have such an inspirational  mother as she is the one who took me to my first singing class at the age of 13. Singing is one of my passions... I am a classically trained soprano but throughout the years I became familiar with jazz, pop, rock and musical theatre music. I have also done acting for a year and I took part in various shows. I have quite a lot of experience as a performer as I've appeared in many dance projects and various singing concerts as the lead singer.
Another passion of mine is horse riding! I haven't been on a horse for 4 years now as I need to be careful with my body. It's so frustrating because I love it I feel so calm and free when I ride... I've been to a lot of competitions with my horse Starlet where we came 1st multiple times! I can't wait to ride again I just need to be a bit careful that's all!
Now here's where I begun my journey to England and specifically Laine Theatre Arts.
Unfortunately my country doesn't have the right standards and opportunities in the industry as well as other countries do; so I had to make a decision and travel abroad  to find the right Performing Arts College for me! I was lucky to be accepted in Laine Theatre Arts one of the best Performing Art Colleges in the world!
I graduated with a National and Trinity Diploma in Musical Theatre. I have also completed units 1-4 in DDI Ballet (Diploma in Dance Instruction) and I'm currently doing the DDE Ballet ( Diploma in Dance Education). I am a member on Star Now and Model Mayhem where I do various payed or unpaid projects; Like modeling, being in music videos, singing, acting, dancing and musical theatre.
I'm hoping to become a succesful performer and never be too old to be on stage!   

8 comments:

  1. I think we swapped places..you went to England to dance and I went to Cyprus to teach..funny the way things turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes true! Where do you teach in Cyprus? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Larnaca at a school called Zorpas..mostly known for doing all the traditional Greek n Cypriot stuff but now does quite a lot of latin, ballet etc.. Are you actually from Agia Napa?? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No haha I just mentioned it cause everyone can recocnize where Cyprus is :-) I'm from Nicosia.How cool that you teach 30min away from my home in cyprus! So you're staying there permanently? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha, I thought that might be the case! Oh Nicosia's nice, yeah I'm really close to your home town.. Well I've been here for 2 years now, just starting my 3rd and I only ever planned to come for 1 year soooo... I guess I'll just see how things go, you never know what will happen! How about you, I suppose London is much better for you career wise but don't you miss the sun? errr i mean your family? haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.. so I suppose Cyprus won your heart :) Yeah London has much more opportunities performing wise but yeah sometimes I do miss my family and of course the SUN! I try and go home in Christmas, Easter and Summer for a little while though.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect..I think both countries have their pros and cons and we're lucky we have the best of both! x

    ReplyDelete